No Subject

HiYa Everyone.

I have a question to get out...been having trouble figuring this problem
out with the installation of gnome.

Firstly, I dont know if this matters or not, but Im running Slackware
3.0 and I installed gtk+1.0.0.

After the installation of gtk I unpacked gnome-libs-0.13.  During
`configure' I receive this error message:

configure: error: Dynamic Linking is not available on this platform

My question, do I need to install somthing else for dynamic linking? or
is there a configuration file that would need to be edited to fix this
problem?

thanks for any help

Ed