InSight

I am writing this message with my head reeling with disbelief.

I have spent the past few hours going over some of the stuff that the
InSight OS team produced before their project broke up and I am
absolutely amazed by the professional artwork and what is some quite
revolutionary ideas.

Recently, I met one of the core developers in #linuxOS on EFnet. I began
talking with him about interface ideas. Within 30 minutes, he had me
shaking my head in amazement at some of the "insanely obvious" things
that should be part of any consistent GUI/OS. When I mentioned telling
the GNOME people about such ideas he mentioned that he had, but with
reactions that were not what he expected.

Apparently, while most people agreed with some of InSights ideas and
were awed at some of their interface design possiblities, the idea was
met with great resistance by the people higher up.

I am writing this message to ask all of you to take a serious look at
the fruits that the InSight project has borne. I can quite honestly say
that over the past few hours, I have learnt more about interface design
than I have in the past few years. They really knew what they were
doing. These people are prepared to give us much of their work
(according to one developer, alot of stuff arrived at RHAL today).

It would be stupid stupid stupid not to incorporate some of this into
GNOME.

My apologies if I have offended anyone. I did not to. GNOME is going
great and will be an impressive product and a testimony to FreeSoftware
regardless of whether this message is redirected to /dev/null or not

Best Regards,
        nopzor