Re: GTK not found configuring gnome-libs

> We fixed the problem by deleting all the old GTK file from our /usr/libs and
> /usr/local/libs directories.  After we did that it worked perfectly.
> >Scott> When I try to run configure for gnome-libs, I get this error.
> >Scott> I've spent the last half-hour trying to figure out why.  I'm
> >Scott> using gtk-0.99.9, successfully in the gimp.
> >
> >Scott> checking for gdk_pixmap_unref in -lgtk... no
> >Scott> configure: error: Can not find a Gtk 0.99.1

My GTK stuff is in /usr/X11R6, and I couldn't find any way short of editing
the "configure" script to make it find GTK; is there a chance that future
snapshots will have something like "--with-gtk=[DIR]", or that the /usr/X11R6
directory can be added as one of the places to be checked for GTK
libraries and includes?

                "Is all that we see or seem, just a dream within a dream?"
  `  ___  '      http://www.circle-path.org/       garrett@circle-path.org
 -  (O o)  -   Makers of high-quality philosophy for over seventy-five years