Re: Drag 'N' Drop Protocol (?!)

At 07:13 PM 3/25/98 -0800, Derek Simkowiak wrote:

> <Error in GNOME docs snipped>

>	Also, I just want to say that I hope were using the Xdnd protocol.
>It may be techinally inferior to Xde, but it's  1) non-proprietary, 2) an
>open standard, and 3) the protocol in use by the KDE project.  If Gnome
>runs off in its own incompatible-with-everyone-else  direction with
>something as important as DnD, it's a very bad sign.

If it is technically inferior, I do not see why GNOME should use it. I will
agree there should be interoperability between GNOME and KDE, but why
should we cater to the lowest common denominator? How about petitioning the
KDE people to change their protocol? Or is it built into Qt (and thus
unchangeable by anyone but Troll Tech)?

M.Watson redline@pdq.net