Re: Compiling problems (egcs)
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson cygnus com>
- To: Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas fib hl no>
- cc: "gnome-list gnome org" <gnome-list gnome org>, "egcs cygnus com" <egcs cygnus com>
- Subject: Re: Compiling problems (egcs)
- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 12:49:11 -0800
It turned out that there were references
to the egcs-build-directory, in my case /usr/local/src/egcs-build, in
the libf2c.a library in /usr/local/lib (at least I think this was the
culprit). These references also ended up in my gnome-libs and after
deleting the egcs-build directory compiling barfed.
`references' and `compiling barfed' are not very descriptive. You need to
report exactly what commands you typed and exactly what problems you saw.
Some references from the source tree are unavoidable, because the libraries
are compiled with -g, and the debugging info contains the source file names.
] [Thread Prev