[comp.os.linux.announce] OffiX API Announcement

Dunno if this is interesting or not.  I'll probably look at it later.

Tom
From: Stefan Seefeld <seefelds@PLGCN.UMontreal.CA>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
Subject: OffiX API Announcement
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 15:02:15 GMT

We are pleased to announce the alpha release of the
OffiX API. It defines interfaces to different
Unix and X concepts needed for high level interactive
programs. Here a short description:

* the whole project is GNU licensed

* the whole project is written in C++

* a graphical user interface entirely based on Xlib

* separation between graphical and logistical interface
  of widgets permits on the fly switching between different styles.
  Already implemented are Open Look and Motif.

* generic layout management makes use of absolute coordinates
  for widget placement obsolete.

* generic plugin support in terms of dynamic loadable objects
  and / or communication to subprocesses via 'Agents'

For detailed information please visit our home page at

<http://www.centrcn.umontreal.ca/~seefelds/OffiX>.

comments, ideas, participation are very welcome !

Regards,

The OffiX team

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique