Re: property dialogs

Hello,

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Robert J. Slover wrote:

> My preference would be for the button to simply be labeled 'Apply'.  If
> I navigate to a second tab before Applying changes, I would get a dialog
> along the lines of :
Please no more dialogs popping up. I find it annoying if one just sneaks
through the options dialog trying to figure out what options are there and
afterwards wants to hit the cancel button. It will be a disaster if you
always have to press "Apply Changes? --> Cancel" if you just want to
switch to another tab, to see what is in there.

Dosen't this leads to the question of "modal" and "not modal"  dialogs?
(Wasn't that the name in windows for the two types of dialogs?)  If you
can use the application with the "Option Dialog" open, then for sure it
will be useful if you can just enter apply on the current tab.  Although
if there is an undo Option. Otherwise I think there is no need to apply
each tab by itself.

Oh, and not more than 3 buttons per row with more than 5 letters per
button. You have to get the meaning with just one look. I hate it if I
have to figure out which button to press just to cancel the current
action.

"Are you not sure, you do not want to not erase your data?"
<Yes> <No> <What?> <don't know>

(I don't know how to build a double/tribble negation in english:-)

And please, always in the order

Dirk