Re: locale with glibc ?

Radek Doulik <doulik@karlin.mff.cuni.cz> writes:

> Compiled in glibc ? (first one I have compiled myself with locale and
> second try was with debian/hamm one)

The files are not compiled in glibc, this is the very interest of the
localedef program.  You must take the locale descriptions and compile
them using localedef.

> I have also found localedef program on my system, but have no man page,
> so don't know, what it does.

I write no man pages.  Somebody described the whole procedure in the
i18n HOWTO and this is what you should have checked out.

> I haven't gnome installed in /usr, may this be the problem ?

This has nothing to do with Gnome.

-- Uli