Re: Error running autogen.sh for gnome-utils.

Mike> ./configure: syntax error near unexpected token `AM_PATH_GTK(,,{'
Mike> ./configure: ./configure: line 1992: `  AM_PATH_GTK(,,{ echo "configure:
Mike> error: GTK not installed" 1>&2; exit 1; })'

Mike> What might I be doing wrong?  I'm not passing any arguments to
Mike> autogen.sh.

Something tells me this is going to come up a lot.

I assume you are using gtk from CVS.  If not, then that is your
problem.  The CVS Gnome always requires the CVS gtk.

The AM_PATH_GTK macro is defined in gtk.m4, part of the Gtk
distribution.  aclocal expects to find this macro in its install
tree.  If you installed aclocal and Gtk in different trees, it won't
be found.

The fix is to copy gtk.m4 into PREFIX/share/aclocal/, where PREFIX is
the value for --prefix you gave when you installed aclocal (part of
automake).

Then you have to do the autogen.sh drill again.

Tom