Re: Using gcc'isms

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, David M. Cook wrote:

> I noticed that some of the examples on the web page use things like alloca()
> and snprintf().  Is there a general GNOME policy to allow gcc specific
> extensions?
alloca is not gcc specific. (But then having gcc implies having an
alloca.)

And what is actually that bad about using gcc'isms if it helps?
I mean, practically all platforms (even Win32) have gcc, and
gcc is not that bad, especially when it comes to the C part, while
egcs seems to have improved the C++ part drastically ;)

Andreas