Re: Using gcc'isms

Andreas> And what is actually that bad about using gcc'isms if it
Andreas> helps?  I mean, practically all platforms (even Win32) have
Andreas> gcc, and gcc is not that bad, especially when it comes to the
Andreas> C part, while egcs seems to have improved the C++ part
Andreas> drastically ;)

My understanding is that on some platforms, gcc isn't all that great.
For instance, Irix 6 boxes had problems because gcc didn't (or
doesn't?  I don't know the current state) fully support the ABI.

I think it is good to use optionally gcc extensions to make the code
better (eg __attribute__((printf)) is really great).  But I also think
that requiring the use of gcc is losing.

Tom