Compile errors on gnome-utils

I've been trying to compile gnome on Slackware 3.4, and have run into a
problem with the gnome-utils package.

When the compilation gets to the save-cwd.c file in the GDiskFree
program, gcc outputs this error:

save-cwd.c:46: error.h: No such file or directory

I checked line 46 of the file and, lo and behold, the line is: #include
"error.h"
There is not a file by that name in the directory. In fact, I did a find
/ -name error.h -print, and it returned only two files of that name,
/usr/local/include/libguile/error.h and
/usr/local/include/glibtop/error.h

I tried explicitly including the first one of these files, and that
didn't work. I then tried the second, and that didn't work either.

Any ideas? Thanks.

--
What greater wealth is there than to own your life and spend it on
growing? - Ayn Rand