Re: Project idea: IDE

David M. Cook wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 18, 1998 at 10:50:07AM -0700, Samuel Ziegler wrote:
>
> > I just wanted to put a feeler out to see what people felt about
> > a GNOME based IDE.
>
> I think it's a good idea as long as it allows the user to use his editor of
> choice.  Most programmers are probably already very attached to their
> editor.

It might even be possible to 'dock' the editor into the integrated
environment (if the user so wishes.) Owen Taylor wrote some preliminary
plug-socket code a while ago which provides this funcitionality
(stealing an X window and embedding it in a gtk app).

Cheers,

Phil.
 Phil Dawes                               |   My opinions are my own
 WWW:    err.. temporarily non-existant   |   and nothing to do with
 Email:  philipd@parallax.co.uk           |      my employer.