Re: Project idea: IDE

GUIDE (which is not an acronym) may be relevant here.
<URL:http://sunsite.auc.dk/GUIDE/>

The plan is to connect (or, enable to communicate) various tools in
order to construct an IDE, or something vaguely IDElike (I'm not sure
I *want* an IDE, exactly, but making tools work better together
strikes me as worthwhile).

GUIDE doesn't, as far as I know, actually have any code as yet, so if
you wanted to convince the GUIDE mailing list of the benefits of CORBA
then you could without harming anything.  The current plan is to use
OffiX, I think, but in such a way that other mechanisms could be used;
I'm a bit vague about this stuff, so I may have misunderstood.