xscreensaver-2.16-2_gnome.i386.rpm - nothing should depend on it

In my previous letter, I have reported that background-properties
together with xscreensaver kills my laptop cold dead after 10
minutes idle.

Now I discover that the xscreensaver files take up over 10
megabytes. I want to get rid of it, but gnome-core and other
packages depend on it. I would rather not need to override
dependencies with
rpm --nodeps -Uvh *.rpm

I'm sure gnome-core can live without xscreensaver.

--
torben fjerdingstad        | linux-2.1.105/GNU/gnome-0.20
tfj@fjerdingstad.dk        | Hello World. I love you.