Re: Solaris Gnome...

Mark Galassi <rosalia@cygnus.com> writes:
>     Raja> 2) srcdir != builddir
>
> How do you do srcdir != builddir with the autogen.sh scripts?  I don't
> remember them working for that.

The `autogen.sh' scripts in the gnome-* dirs do work with
srcdir != builddir.  The ones with glib/gtk+ don't.  I haven't looked at
the others.  Here's an excerpt for gnome-libs/HACKING:

  There is a simple script (autogen.sh) on the root directory that does
  all of this for you.  Just run this script with any arguments that you
  want to pass to configure.  If you like to build in a directory
  different from the source, you can run `<path-to-src-dir>/autogen.sh'
  in the build directory.

Anyway, I rarely use the `autogen.sh' scripts.  I run aclocal/
automake/autoconf manually, and --enable-maintainer-mode usually takes
care of the rest.  I just need to manually run automake and
config.status once in a while to fix newly added/deleted directories.

- Hari