Re: Solaris Gnome...

Hello,

Am Dienstag, den 16. Juni 1998 schrieb tshrider@indiana.edu:

> Has anyone out there got gnome running under solaris??

I tried to compile gnome (0.20) on sparc-solaris-2.5.1.

In gnome-libs I had to remove `-z text' to get the shared libraries
linked.:(

mico (2.0.5) does not compile out of the box either. It complained
about `AM_PATH_GTK' not found (and is right--it's not there).

gnome-guile does not compile out of the box also, because configure
tries to use cc instead of gcc and falls over a reference to eprintf
in guile-1.2. (I don't know what it is needed for)

gnome-core: I had to remove `-z text' to get the panel linked.
install had problems.

gnome-core: Our gcc only knows about c and c++, the check for
objectiv-c in configure crashed and made configure fail.

gnome-util: save-cwd.c in gdiskfree tries to include error.h which
does not exist on solaris. Neither does the function error(...).

gnome-admin: configure fails if no objectiv-c-compiler ist found.
logview does not compile and gxsnmp/app/ping.c needs sys/filio.h

gnome-games: configure fails if no objectiv-c-compiler ist found.

several apps give this error:

    ld.so.1: gnomecal: fatal: relocation error: file /public/lib/libgnomesupport.so.0: symbol __vsnprintf: referenced symbol not found

starting an applet gives:

    started applet, pid: 29389

    ** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

	MfG
	bmg (unbezahlter SysOp)

--
"Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!"          | berberic@forwiss.uni-passau.de

PGP signature