Re: [OFF TOPIC] c++ vs. objc

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Michael Lankton wrote:

> Sorry for the off topic post.  I was just hoping someone could explain
> the difference between c++ and objc to me, or point me toward a good
> online source of info regarding how they differ.  I am only a first year
> cs student,  and all my experience is in c++.  In fact, c++ is so
> heavily stressed at my school that there really are only a couple of
> straight c courses.  I guess that c++ is pretty much the future of
> windows application programming,  but of course, my interest is in
> unix.  I'm just curious what objc's strengths and weaknesses are in
> comparison to c++.  Thanks in advance.

A good way to find out is to look at the Objective C language
introduction, "Object-Oriented Programming and the Objective C Language".

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/rhapsody/ObjectiveC/index.html

Further replies via private E-mail (it IS off-topic, after all :),
-- Elliot
When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...
	...not yelling and screaming like the people in the back of the
	   plane he was flying.