Re: WM Compliance

On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 08:16:49PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> >> Adam Jacob wrote:
>
> >> So... is there a cannon definition of what Gnome requires of a WM?
>
> Yes; see below.

> Max> I would be very interested in writing a canonical document
> Max> describing "GNOME awareness" for a wm.
>
> I already wrote this last week.  In fact, I posted two notes here
> about it, and it was incorporated into the FAQ.  Here's my current
> version:

Which FAQ? Can't find anything in the GNOME FAQ linked to in
the header to every www.gnome.org page. Under Ideas/Proposals there
is a link to this page:

http://freeweb.pdq.net/redline/wmhints/

And under Architecture - Window Manager is a link to

http://www.gnome.org/devel/arch/wm-hints.shtml

which is the same info as

http://www.labs.redhat.com/wm.shtml

Maybe I'm missing something... But it would be nice to have all info
in one place.

Thanks,

--
Simon Kågedal <simon@sdf.se> - Homepage: http://www.sdf.se/~simon/