Re: AnonCVS is down

Matthew Hawkins <matt@mail.goldweb.com.au> writes:

> At 12:02PM on Tue, Jun 02, 1998, Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> sent:
> > The machine was at loadavg 40 last night, and nobody could get in. Right
> > now anonymous access is disabled, which means that at least developers can
> > commit & do stuff. A more permanent solution is in the works.
>
> Just an idea I had, how about setting up a distributed network of anoncvs
> servers around the world which update frequently using rsync?  List the
> servers on the gnome cvs page, everyone uses their local server, we're all
> happy :)

I'm mirroring the gnome cvs to my server via rsync to my machine 4
times per day so I can do the snapshot at ftp.jimpick.com/pub/gnome/snap .

I'm not willing to run anoncvs on my machine for Gnome (after seeing
what it did to the debian.org machine) - but I could act as an
exploder for others to run anoncvs if anybody else is
interested... (and Elliot/the developers agree that this is a good idea)

Cheers,

 - Jim

PGP signature