Debian docbook package (was Re: You at RedHat?)

Yes.  GNOME will not be dependent on any distribution.  But it is true
that other distribution users have some difficulties relative to
Redhat users.

One difficulty I have is docbook.  How can I convert the DocBook
documents into HTML/LaTeX format in Debian system?

The DocBook tutorial by Mark Galassi is excellent.  But the tutorial
explains only how to use it with the rpm packages.  The debian package
has quite different directory structure, filenames.  And there is no
db2html or db2latex script.

Debian already includes docbook dtd/stylesheets, jade, etc.  So it is
not reasonable to install the rpm package by alien program, or by
hand.

It may be a trivial question, as I don't know how the the dsssl system
works.