Re: DocBook -> Texinfo (via DSSSL) Proof-of-Concept Demo

cloos@jhcloos.com writes:

> Maciej> However, Texinfo is considerably higher-level
> Maciej> than HTML, it's probably closer to the DocBook level of
> Maciej> abstraction. Will it realy be possible to use the same
> Maciej> stylesheet to generate it, with an appropriate Jade backend?
>
> It would probably be better to output directly to info, rather than go
> through texinfo.  And of course use the JadeTeX backend for hardcopy.
>
> Seems a much cleaner approach.  Especially as both C and elisp
> versions of TeXinfo src are available as starting points for writing
> an info backend.

I'm honestly not sure which would be easier. However, an important
goal, for me at least, is to make the FSF happy enough to accept
DocBook as an alternative standard format for GNU project
documentation. With that in mind, I e-mailed Richard Stallman and
asked him if he would consider DocBook -> Info sufficient. I will post
again when I receive his reply. (Hopefully a db2texi list will exist
by then.)

 - Maciej