Re: DocBook -> Texinfo (via DSSSL) Proof-of-Concept Demo

Maciej Stachowiak <mstachow@mit.edu> writes:

> > Seems a much cleaner approach.  Especially as both C and elisp
> > versions of TeXinfo src are available as starting points for writing
> > an info backend.
>
> I'm honestly not sure which would be easier.

I think it is much harder to generate info directly.  By generating
texinfo you simply have to take care for rewriting the DocBook markup
into Texinfo markup.  No pretty printing is necessary.  If you want to
emit info you'll have to coordinate with the Texinfo maintainer every
time he makes a change.