Re: custom menu?

On Fri, Jul 17, 1998 at 07:58:54AM -0400, James Michael Mastros wrote:
> > I could get lots more use out of the panel if I could add/remove items
> > to/from the menu.  Sorry if I am ignorant about something here, but is the
> > panel menu supposed to be static and/or internally-controlled?  If there
> > is any information about this I've missed, I'd like to see it.
> Take a look at the directory /usr/[local/]share/apps/.  I'm not certian when
> the panel choses to update it's menu.  (I think it simply dosn't -- you need
> to restart it.)

in the newest version it will update on the fly when it finds something is
changed ... so the menuw ill always be up to date ... also there is a menu
editor in gnome-core .. (of course you need to run it as root now) ...

next I'll be working on getting user-specific menus out there ...

> > Lots of gnome widgets containing text would look a lot better if there
> > were some padding around the text.  In lots of spots the text bumps right
> > up to the edge of its container.
> You could say the same things of the graphic elements of applets.  Myself, I
> prefer them pushed together as close as possible normaly, so as to make my
> panel look confusing.  Er, umm... to make best use of space, that's what I
> meant.  Yeha.

:)

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: