gdk_imlib problem

reflections% make                            ~/gnome/cvs/imlib/gdk_imlib
make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/include/gdk/gdk.h', needed by
	`cache.lo'.  Stop.

The Makefile is loaded up with -I/usr/local/include, and none of the header
files, so far as I can tell, include a full pathname.  If I symlink /usr/
local/include/gdk to /usr/include, then I get:

reflections% make                            ~/gnome/cvs/imlib/gdk_imlib
make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/include/glib.h', needed by
	`cache.lo'.  Stop.

I'll consult with the real programmers here at MindSpring if no one has an
immediately-obvious fix; if you've seen and fixed it before, I'd love
to hear about it, but otherwise, I'll dig further.  The only reason I
ask is that it's very non-obvious to me why this is happening.

--
Todd Graham Lewis                                     (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net