Re: AVFS 0.1

> Is there some way to share the reading/writing code with MC's VFS?  I

Not very easy, because the structure is slightly different. But the
code is easily ported.

> don't want to use AVFS, because I want my code to work on systems
> without LD_PRELOAD.  But I would still like to get the functionality.

You can link AVFS staticly to your program (~ 30k overhead) so you
don't need LD_PRELOAD.  But AVFS is at the moment much less portable
than MC-VFS, specifically it works on Linux libc5, Linux GLIBC and
Solaris systems.

Miklos