Re: gnome-config problems

Miroslav Silovic wrote:

> Also, nobody yet had a counter argument to the fact that guile already
> is part of the GNOME. :)

Hi all gnomes!
I've been following the mailing list for a while, for I find the project
of making a desktop quite interesting. So I looked at KDE (which I use
now), but abandoned it in favor of gnome :-)

There is one thing in gnome I'd like to know the origin of: guile.
The reason is that I cannot stand lisp (and thus scheme). I always get a
headache when looking at the sources of the emacs modi and its config
file .emacs
As there are many script languages which could be interesting (as my
preferred, Perl), I would appreciate it if any of you told me what the
advantages/whatever of using scheme as gnome script language are.

Salu2,
Roberto