Re: gnome-config problems

On Sat, Jan 31, 1998 at 09:50:09PM +0100, Roberto Alameda wrote:
> As there are many script languages which could be interesting (as my
> preferred, Perl), I would appreciate it if any of you told me what the
> advantages/whatever of using scheme as gnome script language are.

No slight intended, but that question seems to come up a lot (often in
other guises, like "why not use an HTML-like language for {foo}") and
gets answered in much the same way most of the time.  Is it time for a
"why Scheme" FAQ?

In fact, if someone writes me a "what's CORBA" FAQ (ideally, one which
goes from concepts and trminology right through to writing a noddy
corba object and a client that uses it), I'll volunteer for the Scheme
one.  I'll probably do it anyway, actually, unless someone else is?

-dan