Re: gnome-config problems

ketil@ii.uib.no writes:

> Jason Gilbert <jason@scott.net> writes:
>
> > How many people do you know that can write HTML compared to Scheme?
> > I'm talking about your average joe, not necessarily programmers.  Well
> > even programmers.
>
> How many people do you know that *should* Scheme, compared to HTML?
> Even average joes?  :-)

This question is actually a strawman. Config files can only use
HTML-*like* language - similar syntax, different semantics. And while
emacs, and even vi can syntax-check Scheme on the fly, emacs is
/barely/ able to correctly indent HTML.

Another reason why this is a strawman is that config files will
generally be machine-generated, except for power-users. And
power-users will want conditionals, loops and UNIX environment
queries. Scheme is easier for the machine, /and/ nicer to power-users.

Also, nobody yet had a counter argument to the fact that guile already
is part of the GNOME. :)

--
I refuse to use .sig