Re: GULP -> usr LPRng for lpq/lpc/lpq/lprm code?

> M> Hi!  If the "gulp" printing interface is to incorporate lpr/lpq
> M> etc.  code instead of running external programs, I'd suggest
> M> borrowing from the LPRng code (http://www.start.com/lprng)
>
> Please don't, IMHO.  What if someone doesn't want to use LPRng on
> their system, or is running the lp services in SYSV?  If you call
> commands, you can write scripts which filter things into the format
> GULP requires.

My thoughts were that the LPRng code  probably understands the
various lpd implementations better than anything else, so its worth
investigating. We will require an abstraction layer to take all
the print servers (all the lpd's, SyS lp, Lan Manager, Novell, AppleTalk, etc)
and convert as you suggest.

Dr Mike
msf@redhat.com