Re: ORB?

> > Wouldn't it be easier to have a small wrapper library of exposed objects
> > (i.e. the standard corba ones) which aggregate to their C++
> > counterparts, and to have the idl compiler spit out C stubs which use
> > the C++ back end behind the scenes?
> At least that is what I was hoping for.
>
> MICO looks pretty simple and easy to understand.  Probably doing this
> hack for MICO is also worth doing.

Hmm, but if I understand correctly, those wrappers won't free you from having
to have a c++ library and headers around, since those wrappers will use
libmico, right?

  If that is the case, why even bother to do those wrappers? Since you're
required to have a c++ library/includes around, you'll most likely also have
a c++ compiler around, why not use that directly? Or am I wrong here?

  Benedikt

Windows 95: n.
    32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit
    operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,  written
         by a 2-bit company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.