Re: ORB?

Elliot Lee wrote:

> FWIW, we can use the IR from Mico with any ORB (i.e. OmniORB). The biggest
> thing lacking with OmniORB is having a BOA that supports more activation
> policies... The OmniORB people will be adding DII and DSI "shortly".
>
> I've been playing with the OmniORB IDL compiler and have it generating
> something that looks like C header files ;-) If anyone cares to help out
> with an OmniORB angle on things, porting libomnithread to C might be a
> good start. libomniORB2 will also need porting to C eventually...

I'm confused. Are you considering porting the whole orb to C or just the
exposed bits?
Wouldn't it be easier to have a small wrapper library of exposed objects
(i.e. the standard corba ones) which aggregate to their C++
counterparts, and to have the idl compiler spit out C stubs which use
the C++ back end behind the scenes?

Cheers,

Phil.

 Phil Dawes                               |   My opinions are my own
 WWW:    err.. temporarily non-existant   |   and nothing to do with
 Email:  philipd@parallax.co.uk           |      my employer.