Re: ORB?

Miles> Being new to the list, I've missed whatever discussions have
Miles> been held on the choice of CORBA ORB for GNOME and
Miles> beyond. What's the current thinking on the subject? ILU, MICO,
Miles> or ???

I think the current leaning is towards MICO.  None of the free ORBs is
a very good fit:

* OmniORB is C++ only and is missing a lot of features.
  On the plus side, it is fast.

* MICO is C++ only.
  On the plus side, it has CORBA features that both ILU and OmniORB
  lack.

* ILU has good language support, but bad licensing.
  It is missing some CORBA features.
  (BTW did we ever heard back from Xerox about the license
  clarification?)

For more details, read the list archives (if they exist?).

Tom