Re: Panel GUI

Jim> If there is no session manager running, the Gnome apps should
Jim> still work.

Ok.  Actually, this is already implemented.  So we don't actually have
to change anything to keep it working.

Jim> Maybe there should be a "Session" submenu, with Log out, Save
Jim> (Checkpoint), New Session, Edit Sessions, Switch Session, etc.

The panel can easily check to see if a session manager is running, and
modify its behavior accordingly.  See gnome_session_connected_p().

Jim> Am I also correct in assuming that gsm will have no GUI
Jim> associated with it?  It will just export some CORBA methods so
Jim> that any app can do session management stuff like switch
Jim> sessions, close down, etc. via CORBA calls?

That's the plan, mostly.  There might be a small built-in GUI for
error reporting.  I'm not sure yet.  It's something we can play with,
anyway.

Tom