Re: Panel GUI

Jim>    - "Log out" should really be "Close down panel"

Once the session manager fully works, the Log out button really will
log you out.  The idea is that we'll recommend to Gnome users that
they enter "Gnome" by putting this at the end of their .xinitrc:

	exec gsm

Then shutting down the session manager will cause the session to end.

The log out button will already contact a session manager if you're
running one.  You can see it work with gsm, even.

Maybe there should be a separate button (or menu item, or ...) to exit
the panel but nothing else.  I don't know.

Someone pointed out to me that the name "gsm" is already in use.
I've been thinking of renaming it to "gnome" or "gnome-session".
The idea behind the former is that if the session manager really is
how Gnome should be started, then it should be named accordingly.
Opinions?

Tom