Re: Panel GUI

Tom Tromey <tromey@creche.cygnus.com> writes:

> Jim>    - "Log out" should really be "Close down panel"
>
> Once the session manager fully works, the Log out button really will
> log you out.

I still want a way of just killing the panel, and saving it too.
Especially, when it's young and fresh out of the CVS - because you can
spend 5 minutes configuring it "just so", and then hit a bug - and
lose all your changes.

> The idea is that we'll recommend to Gnome users that
> they enter "Gnome" by putting this at the end of their .xinitrc:
>
> 	exec gsm

What's the big difference between gsm and xsm?

> Someone pointed out to me that the name "gsm" is already in use.
> I've been thinking of renaming it to "gnome" or "gnome-session".
> The idea behind the former is that if the session manager really is
> how Gnome should be started, then it should be named accordingly.

I think "gnomesm" would be better.  Session management ought to be
optional.

Cheers,

 - Jim

PGP signature