Re: comments and questions

Jason Gilbert <jason@scott.net> writes:

> > Most people seem to be zeroing in on mico, since it has a fairly
> > full set of features.
>
> URLs?  Maybe they should be added to the website.  I found the one for ILU.

http://linas.org/linux/corba.html
http://linas.org/linux/corba.html
http://diamant-atm.vsb.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/~mico/
http://www.omg.org/
ftp://beta.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html

> I guess "conventions" were more what I was talking about.  Maybe some
> guidelines on naming and basic functionality for objects.

I think we'll need our own little mini-standards body to keep things
organized when people start publicizing the interfaces they've grafted
onto their code.

> > I'd definitely recommend checking out Owen Taylor's plugsocket code -
> > that's very cool.
>
> That's in gnome, correct?

No.  But there was an URL to it in one of his previous postings.  Check
the mail archive.

> I was just looking at your cvsweb since I'm away from my box.  Is there
> anyway to actually look at the contents of the files?

Click on a revision number.

> Should these types of discussions actually take place on the
> 'gnome-components-list'.  I found it on the website and was wondering if
> others were actually on there.  I subscribed, but haven't seen any
> messages yet.

It's a new list - but there have been a few messages.  Maybe you didn't
confirm your subscription?

Cheers,

 - Jim

PGP signature