Re: [gtk-list] Working on a simple page-layout app

On 23 Jan, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Are you familiar with `GYVE'?  How is this similar/different?
>
> Tom

Ah... I wasn't familiar, but I found the page, and now I have an answer
for you - I have different aim, which I guess is eventually to have a
document layout program, for multi-page documents, with a focus on
text-formatting features.  Kind of like Pagemaker (or in my mind
QuarkXPress) vs. Illustrator (both of which are technically interactive
tools for generating PostScript :-), though it's a bit presumptuous of
me to compare my not-really-existent app to Pagemaker!

After looking at the GYVE page, though, I'm quite excited about some of
the stuff they're doing, especially GtkDPS.  Thanx for pointing me in
their direction.

Cheers

--
David Huggins-Daines