Re: gnome key-binding standard

> > Paul> I suggest that a per-user key binding database be maintained.
> > Paul> Applications, rather than checking for "F3" for instance, would
> > Paul> check for KeyBinding("search again"), etc.
[snip]
> Can you say CORBA?  (Probably CORBA events, though I still need to
> look into that).
[snip]
> I'm trying to think of how to do this.  I envision that apps would
> register a bunch of actions that they want to support--such as save,
> exit, select all, paste, and so on--but they do NOT explicitely
> respond to given key events.

Corba's Property service sounds ideal for this.  Of course, you'd need to
implement it first ;-)

OTOH, a first swipe at it need only support the small db/hash/lookup
you'd have to do anyway for this.  Thoughts?

jim

--
                                                               Urmane Hendrake
"Apology accepted, Captain Piett."                             aka Jim Niemira