I think we should have a Gnome Window Manager

 I really think the Gnome Project should provide a Gnome Window Manager
(gwm?) if we hope to be accepted as a real desktop project.  One of the
most important aspects of a desktop IMO is a consistent, coherent
interface.  That is really not possible if a Gnome system could be running
any of a dozen or so window-managers.  Each one of them has a particular
set of rules and styles that people would have to learn.  I don't think
Enlightenment is the answer here - it is really too big, and some of its
components are a little bit annoying (the track lights, for example.)
Enlightenment is certainly attractive, but IMHO it isn't too useable -
which is more important to me.  I work for an ISP, and sometimes I have to
take support calls.  The one thing people don't complain about is how
bland their desktops are.  It just isn't important to them.  Also, some
people still run 8bpp displays, I don't know how well Enlightenment
handles those.  I think we need something like the K Window Manager - it
is both attractive and useable.

 Marcus