Re: I think we should have a Gnome Window Manager (fwd)

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Chris Knight wrote:

> If we go with one window manager, we have buried ourselves into the same
> hole KDE and Windows put themselves into. Non-configurability. That's what

KDE is not really in that hole; their WM is pretty configurable.  Windows
is in far deeper holes (after several years of having a full-time team of
developers they still cannot produce a stable product, for example.)

> Windows is about. But, with Rasterman's theme supported Enlightenment, and
> future Gtk versions supporting themes, then every user may configure his
> desktop to look like what they *want* it to. Very Unixy, very UnWindows95y.

Rasterman's default theme is a three megabyte tar file.  We need something
with a smaller footprint.