Re: Installing Gnome

>> > I was trying to install Gnome to see what you are trying to accomplish
and
>> > perhaps get involved in some development.  However - when I try to
install
>> > the gnome, I get the following linker error
>> >
>> > libgnome.so: undefined reference to 'bindtextdomain'
>>
>> Try adding "-lintl" in the makefile (or autoconf stuff) that's giving you
>> problems.  It worked for me.  Note that you need gettext, I think.
>
>FAQ; going in.

While you're at it <G>....

Where does libintl come from, for me Gnome 0.12, Debian linux 1.31,
configure fails
with a Guile 1.2 not found error. Guile *IS* there, and running that part of
configure
by hand shows that it is actually not finding libintl.

I've been unsuccessful at locating that library..

=Don=