Re: Don't waste time on offline newsreaders...

>This is a big difference in paradigm between leafnode type solutions
>and Agent.  The Agent paradigm is inherently single user.  It's also
>very hands on.  Many people may not like this (like me... I like
>leafnode) but many people do and they will not be happy with leafnode.

I will better define it as: "dial up (with expensive costs) computer or LAN".
Not "single user". If the local news server works like FreeAgent, and the
clients know that they are speaking to a special news server, you can mount
small LANs or stand alone computers, for one or lots of users, being able to
joing "news" & "expensive dial up" uncompatible things (until then).
For big servers with never ending connection I doubt it will be practical, OTOH.

GSR