Re: Problem with running panel from 0.99 rpms

On Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:20:53 -0800, Willy Lee <> wrote:
>Hi all,
>I downloaded and installed the gnome 0.99 rpms from a mirror
>( - couldn't get into to save my life) last
>weekend and I can't get panel to run (also the
>background-properties-init, screensaver-properties-init,
>mouse-properties-init mentioned in the user guide don't seem to exist
>First time trying to use gnome; I'd appreciate any help.
>Here is the output when I try to run panel:
>(willy:11:54:11)~ $ panel
>Unable to connect to server port 35091
>panel: error in loading shared libraries
>/usr/lib/ undefined symbol: esd_sample_getid

You need the latest esound package (which should be in the same directory
as the packages you downloaded).

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg