FW: GNOME registry.

I was thinking sorta the same thing. :)

I agree with:
1,
2, if you abstract the data saving method.,
4,
5, verry much so,
6,
9, seems to be like a schema,
and 10

maby 3

dont agree with:
7 would just slow things down/confuse things. environment veriables could be
read by the program itself. (unless he is talking about library envirenment
veriables.... hmm... )

8 global settings might be bad. maby the program could open the "global"
config as well if needed.