Re: Gtk bug for the buglist

On Wed, Dec 30, 1998 at 01:16:37AM -0700, Erik Andersen wrote:
> Hi Elliot. Here is a new bug report for gtk. The 0th entry in a
> gtk clist (and sometimes other entries) is garbled when retrived using
> gtk_clist_get_text.
>
> For a good example of this bug, checkout out nethack from cvs, compile
> it, run, and select Archeologist in the player selection dialog
> (nethack/win/gnome/GnomeHackPlayerSelDialog.c) the nice debugging code I
> added will spew out the following (you may have to scroll up a bit to see
> it and gnomehack is not yet a finished product):
>
> Message: Selected role=x‹Q@x‹Q@gist
> Message: Selected role=Archeologist (0)
>
> The first is the return from gtk_clist_get_text and the second is the
> actual selected role, as found using the currently in place workaround.
>
> The text displayed in the clist is correct, and for entries other than
> the 0th, gtk_clist_get_text seems to generally (but not always) return
> the right thing.
>
>  -Erik

I would like to second this.  I'm having some funny problems with the
0th entry of a gtk clist - for example, trying to remove the 0th item,
or swap it with another row, causes a segfault.

--
Ian Peters		``Never attribute to malice what can be explained
ipeters@acm.org			by stupidity'' -- Hanlon's Razor