Some 0.99 configuration problems

Hi all!

I am running GNOME 0.99 and yesterday I downloaded enlightenment 0.15 and
ran it, but I get a screen with a beatiful background and the panel and a
small bar on the top of the screen. But, apart from this small bar (which
does nothing when I click a mouse button on it, except showing a small
Desktops menu in response to right-clicks), enlightenment seems to do
nothing at all. The panel and all GNOME applications work well, the windows
are very nicely drawn, but nothing else. My .xinitrc file looks like this:

    panel &
    exec enlightenment

I've also tried with: (as posted on the list)

    enlightenment &
    sleep 4
    exec panel

I want a window manager whith just a few functions but not so few!!!!! What
am I doing wrong? I did get all the RPMs from
http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/X11/GNOME/redhat/latest/i386/. I did even

Another question, where can I find a GDM RPM (no FTP) because in the above
site it is not present.

Cheers