BUGLIST for today

Don't let this dampen any holiday spirits you may wish to have. Things are
looking pretty good :)

-+- Notes about changed from last time: -+-
"Panel: Can't dnd from one panel to another" removed, since you can
 (repeat "middle mouse button is my friend" 100x)
"gnome-run: History doesn't work" fixed (although gnome-entry bugs make
this not work quite as advertised).

	The Buglist
* gnome-libs
gnome-entry adds entries to history twice if "activate" signal causes
destruction.

* gnome-core
** Panel
When dragging items between panels, pointer sometimes loses its "grab".
How to reproduce:
	Start up default panel.
	Add new panel -> edge panel
	Use the middle mouse button to drag the clock applet to the new
	panel. As soon as it reparents, move your mouse pointer off the
	new panel.
	(the bug also happens for launchers but is easier to trigger
	 with applets).

"When I try to change the background colour for the panel it sets the
background to black and ignores my choices." (not reproducible here. Maybe
someone doesn't know how to use the color selector :)

If the user moves their mouse a one panel, it raises. Shouldn't all panels
raise?

Swallowed apps don't work very stably if at all.
The undocking & docking is flaky.

User can add more applets than will fit into panel.

Should we allow more than one edge panel on the same edge, or corner panel
in the same corner? (Methinks yes).

Drawers can go off the screen of you add enough of them in the right
place.

Autohide should be feasible for corner panels as well as edge panels.

** fish applet
The texts needs to be changed to fit the size of the dialog box (you
shouldn't see all these arrows)

** mini-commander applet
After changing properties or running a command (e.g. xterm), does not
accept new commands.

** esoundmanager_applet
No show, no go.

** menu "appletette"
Doesn't allow user to configure the tile used.

** gnome-session
Doesn't seem to save restart commands for some of the properties programs
started by the default session.

* gnome-utils
** gtt
Starts very small

** gcalc
Need colored buttons

** gsearchtool
Locate tab needs to be implemented or to be removed

** mini-utils/gless
Shouldn't "fixed font" view be part of preferences?

* Gnumeric
The toolbar is too wide. Needs to be split into two.

* gnome-games
** mahjongg
Says remaining and shows no number.

* ee
the pix in ee-help looks weird
should be possible to start gimp (if present) from within ee

* gmc
needs new icons, and some bluring of the small icons, like the panel.
The tree doesn't always update (try to change the name of a directory).
Missing features.

* gmenu
need dnd support in tree view

* enlightenment
Should use some mouse icons that looks like the ones in gnome
should support gnome menus in the e menu
Need option to disable icons for minimized apps
Missing stability (segv on session exit).
Needs to pay attention to GNOME hints when determining maximize size.

* Freecell
Should be replaced by aislerot (the xtra function in freecell should be
implemented in aisleriot)

* gnomine
Face is always smiling

* gyahtzee
no roll button
pixmaps all over the place

* gnome-terminal
save session doesn't work

* gtop
starts too large

* gnome-card
doesn't work

* same-gnome
save-session doesn't work

* gdm
Once you log out of a session, it keeps starting up a blank X server.

* general
Most help buttons doesn't work

* ggv
Someone needs to take a look at this.

* gnome-terminal
Properties
	Changing the background image to /gnome/share/pixmaps/desktop.xpm
	causes the a "bad pixmap" error when run with --sync. Back trace
	is:
#10 0x403da90a in XSetTile ()
#11 0x40380069 in gdk_gc_set_tile (gc=0x80983d8, tile=0x0)
    at ../../gdk/gdkgc.c:593
#12 0x404d73aa in draw_back_pixmap (widget=0x8087710, nx=320, ny=0, nw=10,
    nh=20) at ../../zvt/zvtterm.c:889
#13 0x404dadde in vt_draw_text (user_data=0x8087710, col=32, row=0,
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    text=0xbffff3b3 " Ôóÿ¿äªM@", len=1, attr=34668544)
    at ../../zvt/zvtterm.c:2234
#14 0x404d22c1 in vt_draw_cursor (vx=0x8087800, state=0)
    at ../../zvt/update.c:992

Two from Alan:

Cursor redrawing
1. cursor/tab interaction bug

Easy demo "joe"  type tab h tab tab h tab space

Its weird.. some patterns trigger it but I dont know which/why

[Reproduced. Basically what happens is that it draws a cursor in the
middle of some of the tabs. It also happens about 50% of the time when
'h tab tab h' is typed. No idea what the problem is.]

2. Preferences, partially obscure the terminal window, select transparent
hit apply. Nothing occurs. Move the obscuring window away - that part is
refreshed transparent.

[I can't even get it to go transparent at all here... Whassrong?]

* gnomecc (control center)
gnomecc crash upon theme selection with panel running.

gnomecc should do single-click for capplet activation, not double-click.

The screensaver test option in control center does not work.

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg