Re: BUGLIST for today

On Thu, Dec 24, 1998 at 06:10:19PM -0500, Elliot Lee wrote:
> * gnome-core
> ** Panel
> When dragging items between panels, pointer sometimes loses its "grab".
> How to reproduce:
> 	Start up default panel.
> 	Add new panel -> edge panel
> 	Use the middle mouse button to drag the clock applet to the new
> 	panel. As soon as it reparents, move your mouse pointer off the
> 	new panel.
> 	(the bug also happens for launchers but is easier to trigger
> 	 with applets).

damn ok ... I hate grabbing bugs ... debugging them is not fun :)

> If the user moves their mouse a one panel, it raises. Shouldn't all panels
> raise?

no .. what if you have two panels over each other and you desparately want to
get to the lower one

> Swallowed apps don't work very stably if at all.
> The undocking & docking is flaky.

hmm haven't tested this in a while

> User can add more applets than will fit into panel.

no he can't really ... he can add one that will make others not fit ...,
you can't check for applet size before hand ... after a panel is full
the panel will stick the applet on another free panel or fail if
it can't find any free panel

> Should we allow more than one edge panel on the same edge, or corner panel
> in the same corner? (Methinks yes).

I have ideas about this already ... in the "next version" I want to do
this ... have them only use space not used up already by other panels,
so if you had two edge panels on one side they'd just stack towards the
middle of the screen ... if you had two edge panels metting in a corner,
the one that was there first will get the corner, and the
other one won't (it will end just before the other panel) ...

this will require massive changes to the panel but ultimately is the
"right thing to do"(tm)

> Drawers can go off the screen of you add enough of them in the right
> place.

yup .... so what ...

patient: doctor .. my head hurts when I shake it ...
doctor: don't shake it then

if the user has to actually try to get some bad behaviour, it's ok ...

> Autohide should be feasible for corner panels as well as edge panels.

yup ... I got many requests for this already ... but I haven't
gotten around to doing it yet

> ** fish applet
> The texts needs to be changed to fit the size of the dialog box (you
> shouldn't see all these arrows)

there's a lot more wrong with the fish then that

> ** menu "appletette"
> Doesn't allow user to configure the tile used.

btw ... what is menu "appletette" ??????? you mean menu applet? ... if
so it should allow changing the tile in the global config ...

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: