Re: Gnome/Linux Application Installer

> 	And that's just the beginning!  What if things are a little more
> complex?  What if the application needs to ask questions from the user
> doing the install?

Which is why I think some sort of scripting language would be needed.  That
way you can script dialogs for the user, and also make a more custom flow for
the install.

I don't know much about the guts of rpm and deb, but I doubt they support this.
We need to spec out a format that allows scripting, and is also smart enough
to properly clean up old versions of the package (although RPM seems to do
a good job of this).

Jason.